The primary water storage method in India for utilities like drinking, irrigation, and agriculture, is using water tanks. These tanks are made by considering three key factors, such as the tank’s liner, construction material, and design. Water storage tanks are typically installed in an open area. Therefore, they are vulnerable to extreme weather conditions like wind, rain, and dust. These extremities might result in the generation of pathogens, viruses, or pests. Therefore, it is vital to understand the factors that keep water tanks safe from harmful microbes.
Storage water tanks are made with a wide range of materials, such as plastic, fibreglass, concrete, stone, steel, etc. However, polyethene is the most popular among manufacturers and customers. The smooth surface of the polyethene storage tank helps in easy cleaning and maintenance. Moreover, it is lightweight, which facilitates convenient transportation and installation. Before purchasing a water tank for domestic or industrial use, it is vital to check the price, the build material, among other factors. Now, how are the prices of water tanks determined? Let us find out!
Factors Determining Water Tank Price List
Installing a water tank in a domestic or commercial setting is a long-term investment. Therefore, it is important to select a premium-quality tank. Since storage tanks are exposed to the external environment, manufacturers aim to provide their customers with a product that functions efficiently, withstanding several environmental factors.
Here are the primary factors that decide the water tank price list:
- The quality of the material is the main deciding factor of the storage tank’s price. Since it stores potable water, manufacturers need to use UV-stabilised and food-grade virgin materials to ensure the purity of the water.
- Colour is another important factor that decides the water tank price. Light colours are preferred for residential use over dark ones like black or deep blue since they quickly heat the water. Moreover, colour is a tool to enhance aesthetic appeal.
- The capacity of the tanks greatly influences their cost. Generally, a large tank requires more material and careful supervision during the manufacturing process to appropriately hold the maximum volume of water. Therefore, they require more investment from customers.
- Corrosion is the primary reason for degrading the quality of water tanks. Moreover, it can affect the quality of stored water. Therefore, manufacturers develop tanks that are corrosion-resistant, which is another factor in deciding the price of these tanks.
- Certificates, such as RoHs, issued by well-known standards provide assurance about the premium quality of tanks and play a vital role in deciding the cost.
Do Water Tanks Layers Play A Role In Determining Its Price?
The layering of water tanks is necessary to increase their price, durability and efficiency. There are different types of water tanks according to the layers. These include the following:
- Single-layer water tanks
These tanks are covered in a single sheet of plastic. So, they are not UV stabilised and cannot prevent the harmful effects of sun damage. Moreover, there are high chances of the development of algae in the water, which leads to health hazards. However, they are highly affordable options for storage tanks.
- Double-layer water tanks
They consist of double layers of plastic. The outer layer provides protection from environmental damage, while the second layer ensures UV stabilisation. Although these tanks do not offer the best quality, they maintain the hygiene of the water for human consumption.
- Triple-layer water tanks
As the name suggests, these tanks have three plastic layers that perform different tasks. The outer layer protects from environmental damage, the middle layer ensures UV protection, and the third layer promotes better visibility. These tanks are completely leakproof and corrosion-resistant.
- Four-layer water tanks
A 4 layer water tank is similar to a triple layer. However, it contains an additional polyurethane foam layer. Though the 5 or more layered water tanks are costlier, these layers provide protection from extreme hot and cold temperatures in the surroundings.
There are multiple factors that influence the cost of water tanks. Although a tank made with premium quality material and various layers requires a slightly higher investment, they offer benefits like high durability, clean and safe water, UV protection, etc. Therefore, it is advisable to invest in multi-layer water tanks.