We all put a lot of pride into our homes. After all, it takes time and effort to keep everything looking its best inside and out. It’s the same with your home’s exterior—it needs care as much, if not more, than those interior components. One way to take care of your home is by regularly painting it with quality materials like shingles. Cedar Shingles Grades Siding is well worth the upkeep.
Cedar shingles indeed make homes in this area of the country very attractive. After all, who doesn’t love a nice, sturdy log home? But it’s just as important to ensure that the siding is taken care of regularly to avoid problems down the road. It’s best to keep up with your maintenance schedule and avoid costly repairs. We at South Gate Timber offer suggestions to help you properly care for your cedar siding.
Steps To Keep Your Cedar Shingles Grades In a Top-Notch Condition
1. Have a base coat of waterproofing applied to the siding by a professional service. That ensures the wood won’t absorb moisture, slowing down the deterioration in the long run. We recommend applying an oil-based protective coating at least once per year. In addition, you can also apply a fresh coat of paint or stain every spring or fall to keep your home looking great all year.
2. Apply professional sealer to protect your Cedar Shingles Grades against the elements. Most clients apply two coats of sealer to keep their cedar siding attractive and safe. Aqua Fresh is a great choice for this purpose, as it will protect the wood and make it look new again after a few years. We prefer giving our clients prompt service in this regard, so if there are chips or scratches in the wood, we can repair them whenever necessary.
3. Keep your home well-ventilated to avoid condensation. Cedar Shingles Grades are heavy; if they get wet enough in the winter months, they will start to rot. That is one of the leading causes of damage. We recommend having a service vented your house at least once yearly because it’s very important that cedar siding is well-ventilated so it doesn’t absorb moisture and cause rot.
4. Make sure to avoid getting the Cedar Shingles Grades wet. When you are sweating or cleaning your home, wipe off all moisture. Also, try not to let the rain run down the sides of your house, as this will cause rot. In addition, never let the water runoff from sprinklers or other watering devices on your property unless it’s a massive downpour.
5. If a heavy storm is coming, take time to make sure that your Cedar Shingles Grades are protected. Don’t use a roof rake to dislodge snow, as this could cause damage to the wood. Instead, ensure the snow is completely cleared off your roof before it gets too heavy.
6. Be careful not to damage your Cedar Shingles Grades when moving. When you’re moving a tree, be sure to use the right equipment to lift it safely and avoid damage. In addition, if you are trimming bushes or shrubs, ensure you have the right safety equipment.
7. Be careful when doing yard work around your home or making repairs outside your property. When working in your yard, use the right equipment when removing tree limbs or chopping branches to prevent damage to the cedar siding. Also, be sure to avoid accidentally getting water on your cedar siding when you are cleaning up around your house.
Overall, just be careful when doing any work around your home. You’ll want to ensure that you don’t damage the cedar siding because doing so will make it more likely that you will have to replace it soon.
South Gate Timber also offers the best Horizontal cedar slats and cedar shingles for sale to residential and commercial buyers. All our products come from local sources only. We use the best wood processing procedures to keep our products durable and beautiful for years.
Our core values are very important to us, so we strive to maintain quality service throughout our business with every customer. In addition, we help clients feel comfortable with every purchase. To know more about us, call today at 01277 890 783.
Click here to view more posts.