Backpain also known as katishool are very uncomfortable , agonizing and painful . This pain doesn’t let you sit in peace , do your daily work or perform exhausting tasks. In modern world most of the people above 30 are suffering from acute or severe back pain. There are many reasons which lead to back pain. Maybe sitting on the driving seat for long hours or maybe sleeping,sitting or standing in a bad posture.
In this article we will know about ayurvedic treatment for back pain. For years Ayurveda has been successfully curing back pain. Its main objective is to find out what is the root cause of the problem and recommend a long-term cure. With the help of Ayurvedic treatment a person can live a happy, fulfilling, better, and longer life.
Firstly we will look into the various reasons which lead to back pain
- Chronic stress
- Lack of proper sleep
- Strain or Sprain caused due to injury
- Tearing of tendon or ligament
Also the back pain can be categorized as follows :
- Acute back pain ( If the pain lasted less than six weeks )
- Subacute back pain ( If the pain lasted somewhere between 6-12 weeks )
- Severe back pain ( If the pain lasted for more than 12 weeks )
Effective ayurvedic therapies for the treatment of back pain
This is considered to be one of the best methods for the treatment of back pain.In this back massage is given to the back with a medicated oil which reduces pain and helps in the circulation of blood.
- Kati Basti
It is one of the most prominent method for the treatment of back pain. In this method, warm oil is kept on the back for 30-40 minutes in a specific-sized frame made in this area. The warm oil used in this method helps to increase the smoothness and blood circulation .It is a herbal component which gives therapeutic affect to the body for 7-14 days.
- Nadi Sweden
It is a therapy in which steam is mainly used to reduce muscle and joint pain. It reduces toxins present in the body by opening the sweat pores. This method also helps to enhance blood circulation in the pain-affected area. It can also reduce the stiffness at joints.
Navarkizhi method is also known as shashtikashali pinda. It is a method of alleviating pain and uses a special shall rice for the treatment process. The rice is boiled in herbs and milk to form Navarkizhi.This method is extremely calming and nourishing for our bodies. It slows down the growth of degeneration in our back. It diminishes pain, allowing you to live your life more freely. This method is highly effective in curing Joint disorders, such as arthritis, lupus, fatigue, spondylosis, and many others can be cured with the help of this method.
- Kati Pichu
This method uses a folded cotton wet and soaked in warm oil. The oil used is medicated. The cotton is kept on the back for a particular period.
- Kaya Seka
Under this method, the person lies down with their face up and face down. Warm-medicated oil is poured down throughout the body. The Kaya seka method is helpful in the stimulation of sensory and motor nerves of our body. This method helps in alleviating pain and is also beneficial for curing paralysis.
- Patra Pinda Sweda
Patra Pinda Sweda method uses potali steam and massage for the treatment of pain. Different herbal ingredients are combined and massaged on the pain-affected parts of the body. This method uses a potli of herbs and effectively reduces pain . It also helps in curing injuries caused due to sports such as ligament tears, ankle sprains, and many others.
Under lepana method a thick layer of paste is applied all over the pain effected areas
And after that the paste is covered with herbal leaves and a tidy cloth piece.This method is great for curing inflammation and swelling on the pain affected area.
Reasons for choosing Ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Major reason is that focus of Ayurvedic treatment is always on searching for the root cause of back pain before starting any treatment or therapy.
- Your health condition is studied deeply before starting the retreat. After this, the best method is selected for alleviating your back pain.
- Ayurvedic treatment is greatly focused on a long-term cure of the problem instead of short-term relief.
- The main benefit of ayurvedic treatment is that along with back pain, it also helps in reducing stress to a great extent.
- Ayurveda focuses on all three important aspects of human life, that is physical, mental, and spiritual. It heals an individual through yogic exercises and meditation together with ayurvedic medicines.
- Ayurvedic therapies which are used for curing back pain make use of essential oil in their treatment. This oil helps in hormone balance in our bodies.
- According to Ayurveda, our human body assembles a lot of toxins with age and Ayurvedic medicines help to remove those toxins and purify our bodies.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps to strengthen our digestive system and keeps us more enthusiastic and energetic.
- Ayurveda focuses on cures along with prevention. Ayurvedic treatments do not cure pain for the short term, they focus on removing the root cause of the problem and preventing future reoccurrence of the illness or acute pain.
- Most people believe that ayurvedic treatment refers to the usage of herbs but it is not limited to herbs. It also includes using honey, milk, cinnamon, coriander, and many more. All these ingredients are used in different ways to cure different kinds of pain and illness.These materials can be easily found at our homes thus they are cost-affective as well.
There are various centers for Ayurvedic treatment in India. There are various states in India famous for their ayurvedic treatments such as Kerala, Bangalore, Uttrakhand, and Goa. Ayurvedic doctors of Bangalore are famous for their treatment of back pain and there are many successful Ayurvedic clinic in Bangalore helping people and making their lives better.
Ayurvedgram at Bangalore is one of the best places for holistic treatment and complete relief from back pain. They deliver optimum results within a reasonable time period.They include some changes in diet and lifestyle.
Thus we can conclude that, Ayurvedic treatment is one of the best methods for alleviating back pain and bringing peace back into our lives .This method of treatment not only uses medicines and herbs but also healthy diet and excercises for curing and reducing pain and illness from human body.